Please bear with me whilst I indulge myself, a little bit late maybe, in an end of year retrospective but Xmas was a busy time. So at the end of my first year blogging I thought I’d have a review of the year and a look at what I hope to achieve wargaming wise over the year to come.
- I managed to post 25 blog entries across the year - almost 1 every two weeks. I’m very pleased that my initial enthusiasm hasn’t dimmed and that I can still find things to talk about!
- I completed a scale model of Arnhem and it got lots of appreciation from those that have seen it including exhibiting it at a couple of shows.
- I took my eldest son (he’s just turned 11) to Joy of Six and watched him have a most marvellous time with the games put on by Peter Riley and Dan Hodgson. Subsequently he joined me at Recon manning my participation game. I have high hopes he’ll engage more in the hobby over the next few years.
- Helped my friends develop a set of war game rules.
- Written and played several big piece WW2 scenarios including the Bulge and Arnhem
- Made a lot of trees
- Substantially completed the painting of my WW2 Russian army - just cavalry still to paint. Of course, until I need more. Obviously.
- Painted a small force of WW2 Americans
- Acquired a substantial amount of WW2 Germans
- Helped my son build a scale model of an Andersen shelter for his school homework, but really as an excuse to interest him in modelling.
- Ended the year as enthusiastic about wargaming as I was at the start.
- Exhibit at the Joy of Six, hopefully alongside my friend Roly and his Chateau la Londe game
- Engage my eldest son more and teach him some basic war games.
- Introduce my other son to wargaming and modelling.
- Continue to produce this blog
- Produce another model or two - I’m currently thinking about building a small board to refight the battle at Brécourt.
- Paint up my early war German forces
- Refight some BEF and Barbarossa games
- See the war game rules published
- Play a lot more games and maybe expand the periods I game in.
Charles the Modeller